Friday, July 24, 2009

Bones, contd.

You know how I said I hoped I would be able to make another post about the book saying it got better.

Yeah. This is that post.

It's not perfect. There's still a high fluff to meat ratio, but it's good meat.

It's a little depressing, actually, in a 'I will never be as good as I could be' sense, but hey, sometimes the truth hurts. It doesn't mean you can't still try to be better. What's that quote? 'Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am'?

Frustrating a bit too, some of her guidelines seem to contradict. It may be worth reading twice to try to resolve those conflicts from a better perspective.

So, I keep reading.

Incidentally, I've been doing a good bit of the reading in the dog crate. Kumi isn't bad about her crate, but she doesn't hang out there by choice, and seems to be catching on that we tend to leave after she goes in there, and won't run in unaccompanied even for a treat. So, I've been reading in there with the thought that if I think it's a cool place to hang out, maybe she will too. Or, you know, not. But I fit pretty well.

No comments: